The Dominica Citizenship by Investment Programme is set out in the regulations published pursuant to Section 101 of the Constitution and Sections 8 and 20 (1) of the Citizenship Act.
The last amendment was made on 1 December 2016 in Legislation No. 38 of 2016. Through this program, a foreign-national that makes an economic contribution in the form of a donation to the Government Economic Diversification Fund, or a real estate investment, may become a citizen of Dominica.
The entity that manages applications and enforces regulations is the Dominica Citizenship by Investment Unit (CBIU), and citizenship granting is at the sole discretion of the CBIU director and senior examiners.
Investment In An Approved Real Estate Project
- US$200,000 minimum investment in an approved real estate project by the Government of Dominica, to be held for a minimum of 3 years.
If the Real Estate option is chosen, then the following Government fees will apply:
- US$ 25,000 for the main applicant.
- US$ 35,000 for a family of up to 4 persons (including the main applicant).
- US$ 50,000 for a family of up to 6 persons (including the main applicant).
- US$ 70,000 for a family of 7 persons or more (including the main applicant).
- Main applicant must be 18 years old or older.
- Main applicant must prove that they have enough funds to make the required investment, and prove the legal source of these funds.
- Main applicant and dependents do not suffer contagious disease and/or serious health problems.
- Clean Criminal Record.
- Not to be subject of a criminal investigation.
- Not to be considered a potential national security risk.
- Not to be involved in any activity likely to cause disrepute to Dominica.
No nationality is officially restricted
Dual citizenship is recognized in Dominica. You are not required to renounce your previous nationality to become a citizen of Dominica.
- Original Professional Reference Letter (Not older than 6 month)
- Financial Statement
- Original Bank Reference Letter (Not older than 6 month)
- Two Personal References
- Original Police Clearance Certificate
- Eight passport-size photos
- Original or Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Original or Certified copy of Birth Certificate (if applicable)
- Official transcripts of written confirmation from a recognized education center (dependents over 18)
- Proof of payment of nonrefundable processing and due diligence fees
- Statement of Source of Funds
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of Business Background
- Real estate sales and purchase agreement
- Medical Certificate
- Certified copy of passport
- Certified copy of ID Card
- Professional and academic certificates (if applicable)
- Photograph and Signature Certificate
- Dual Citizenship Yes
- Family Members Included Yes
- Land Ownership Yes
- Physical Residence Required No
- Personal Visit Required No
- Language Skills Required No
- Interview Required No
- Investment Single $200,000
- Investment Family 4 $200,000
- Minimum Annual Income -
- Time To Citizenship 2
- Time To Permanent Residency
- Visa-Free Countries 196
- Financing Available No